Goals Are Good?

I love goals...
I love the goal of having attainable goals...
I love making lists, action plans and a regimen to acheive goals...
Do I have a goal problem?
Is being goal-oriented a bit overboard?
Is it a goal to want to be goal-oriented?
Finishing this post is a goal....

Segway into the POINT...

Every year I set goals, every month I set goals within my goals, then I set daily goals and sometimes to tell the truth I set hourly goals... Neurotic? Probably! I enjoy checking the "achieved" box or checking the "almost there" box or the "not even close" box- I revel in progress, whether good or bad- the feeling that I am working towards something, that I can committ to something, that I am willing to move constantly forward in life towards the "Ultimate Goal"- The triumphs, the defeats, the joy and pain in this life are just preparing me, conditioning me to truly, honestly be grateful, thankful for the redeeming grace that only He can give. 
Philippians 3:14 - I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Today I found the launching point for one of my personal goals- I have for the past 3-5yrs had a strong desire to learn to rock climb.  I understand the hurdles and obstacles that are ahead of me... I know I am a bit bottom heavy, and upper-body strength is not my strong suit- I have super strong legs, but my arms are my weak-link. I have been incorporating a lot of upper body free-weight lifting into my daily routine, and am confidant in myself, my ability and my determination coupled with a good bit of proper training that I will be able to rock it out on the side of  an intense cliff in due time! So in saying all that, anyone who would like to try this out with me, I would love the company :)

http://www.rocknandjamn.com/ - this will be the place I go, the Centennial location. They offer Intro Lessons @ a steal of deal :) Check em' out!
0 Responses